Monday, May 22, 2006

Dutchland

Well I'm in Holland. Staying at a friend's apartment in Delft, where it is very beautiful, hospitable and warm. This evening we took his cat for a walk, but it seemed to prefer sniffing in the bushes just outside the flat than walking along the river bank, so we returned without so much as a short stroll.
I'm yet to come to a decision as to whether I'd like to stay here or not, as I've only been here for a matter of hours. The train system here is pretty awesome, and it really didn't cost much or take very long to get from Schiphol to Den Haag. What amazed me more was this morning was the journey from Manchester to London, which took little more than two hours. At least now we're up to speed with the continent on one major transport route. However it did still take an hour on the tube and bus from central London out to Heathrow.
Lots of great things happened in Manchester, probably something to talk about when I have a computer keyboard in front of me and not predictive text on my phone, but I'll just say for now that I had a really good time and bumped into more wonderful people than I'd care to mention. I really can't believe just how much it has changed since I've left, and for the good more than anything. For now, I think I'll get some kip before my interview tomorrow and let you know how it goes as soon as I can...

No comments: