Sunday, July 02, 2006

Raining again

It's been raining on and off today. This morning it was thundering and there was some lightning.

Yesterday was Leasha's birthday. I felt a little melancholoy, but went along for dinner. It was a strange experience and I kind of didn't feel like I was really there. Helena kept asking if I was alright, and I had to assure her I was. It's not like there was anything wrong with me, it's just a tempered sense of living. I wasn't upset or bored, just... alive. The food was terrible at 13th Note, at least my Thai beancakes were awful. That, I think, put me off going on to Hed Kandi for dancing and frivolities, and I returned home to stay up and faff about before sleeping for the longest I have for ages.

Everyone seems to be leaving Glasgow just at the moment to go on holiday. Ahmed's gone to work in Toulouse, Kirsty's off to France on Wednesday, Helena's going in ten days or so to the States, and Leasha's leaving for the same shore before long. Vera's in Hungary and it seems like only the hardcore are staying on to battle with the Glaswegian 'summer'. Last night I got a random text from my cousin asking me if I would like to house a van for her. I haven't had contact with her for about two years, and it was totally out of the blue. She's in Southern France somewhere, and wants me to pick it up and put it somewhere. For a moment when I got the text I thought it was with her, but she assures me it's in Sussex, where I'm off to in a couple of weeks. I don't really have anything planned for this week if my agency don't get me any work, and I really felt like the excuse to make a long road trip down to better climes and have an adventure. It also requires an MOT and some road tax, which put a damper on things, but I'm not totally ruling out the possibility of it holding some serious fun.

Gig coming up at the end of next month, and the closer it gets the less interested I seem to be in it. I really need to write some music for it but I keep getting so frustrated with Max. I'm setting aside the week at home to get properly underway with it and record some sounds. I've got to play for my mum's summer party, so I went the other day to Otago lane and bought some Mozart from the second hand music store. I'll put that in with some Bach and whatever else I can muster.

2 comments:

Miss Flint said...

who on earth is Ahmed?

Miss Flint said...

who on earth is Ahmed?