Friday, July 28, 2006

Days after

Gig went extremely well. For such a technical gig, we ran into no problems whatsoever (hopefully the recording went without a glitch too!). Although it wasn't packed to the roof there were a good few people there to hear it, and I really enjoyed performing after I got past the initial worry and forgot about the audience. It was like I was playing at home, but when I looked up at the end there was an audience applauding me! For creating that racket...

Most of all I think all the performers enjoyed it so I think we'll definitely have a reunion at Street Level if they permit it. However my next projects are:

Start the soundtrack for Before/After - secure an agreement with Manchester University to do the recording.

Organise a performance/workshop session for Selva for the Autumn.

Write an album. Yes, this is my latest endeavour - I've found what I really need to do. It's the perfect embodiment of work, a neat package that encapsulates a project. I'm yet to work out what I'll put on it, but I think it's bound to be governed by a concept (not in the prog-rock sense).

Other than that I have another week here before my 'holiday' in Sussex comes around, with nothing to do and very little money. I'll just have to concentrate on things that are free, like keeping fit.

No comments: