Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Returning

Sent via MMS

Work, play, whatever they say it's always the same for me. My work seems to have become my leisure, if that's the thing that you enjoy. I don't think it really matters if you get paid to do what you do- I certainly would derive no extra pleasure from payment. In fact I think it might take something away from the desire to achieve perfection when there are no other material aims, apart from completion. Now that I'm on my way back it doesn't seem like I'm returning anymore. I don't know how one can forge a connection so quickly with something so alien, but I think it has to do with positive experience. A culture of reward and a basic need to express oneself without fear of undeserved negative criticism. What I'm getting at is the basic bond between individuals- I may be wrong but it seems to me there is no inherent negativity. Perhaps that comes about through the ability to do nothing- that even the simplest of tasks is without repercussion. Rose-tinted glasses. Ciao.

No comments: