Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Merston for no reason

Well I'm back in Sussex for a short break. I wasn't quite sure what I was doing on the plane back, till I realised when I got here how many things I have to do that require time, quietness and appreciative parents. I think quite a considerable time will be spent on the phone doing organising things and catching up with people that deserve some attention.

I have to finish the score this week of the film we were working on in Italy, for the University of Bolognia Premio DAMS. The submission date is this Saturday so I'll have to finish it pretty sharpish. But now, to many other things including more exciting projects. Improvised electronic music, meditation, world travel and drinking of copious amounts of high quality tea. All in the week at home (at least the planning of the world travel will be).

I'll get to see my niece, growing at a rapid pace, this weekend. She's fast becoming an insatiable brute, and she's taking riding lessons (how middle class), although she's precocious and does particularly well at school. I've also heard through the family grape vine that I'll be giving her instrument lessons at some point, although this hasn't been discussed with me as of yet. Maybe she'll learn a string instrument and then I can feign ignorance and pass her on to someone qualified and nearer.

Right as my parents went to bed long ago, I think I'm going to find the remote control and slouch on the warm leather sofa with some crap tv.

The cats will be dreaming by now.

No comments: