Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Illness

I'm ill. I have a 'summer' cold. Worst thing is, it's amazing weather and I don't feel like going outside, I feel so dreadful. Feel better than yesterday, and last night I went to bed at about 10 and woke at 9, in order to give me time to recover. Hopefully I'll feel better before tomorrow, when I'm supposed to be starting a job over in Anniesland.

Life is... complicated, as someone explained to me the day before. I think I'm going to stay in the UK over the next year, rather than go to Holland. It's just that I don't see much point in spending 3 years (a very long time) studying over there to get basically the same qualification as I've already got. I'd rather spend a year working and travelling and doing exciting projects rather than feel my studies weren't worthwhile. I can apply for 2007 PhDs from this September, and I'll have a better chance of securing funding etc., than if I rush over to Holland now.

Anyway I'm going to find some lunch and perhaps eat some fresh fruit, and contemplate where I could travel to next year. Definitely outside Europe, as I haven't been that far yet!

No comments: